Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beautiful

Heya! I went for my driving test today. Passed the first part of it which consisted of going up a slope, side parking and 3 point-turning. Came the second part, I waited for an hour and half and didn't even get on the car seat for more than 5 minutes. The instructor asked me stop at the side of the road. He told me I overshot the white line that I was supposed to stop before. I was kinda nervous then so, I admit that I was wrong there. My heard sank when he told me it was a 'kesalahan mandatori'. We changed seats and he drove us back which, I think is unnecessary since we're barely half a kilometer away from the centre. The crappy part to this is that I didn't even get a chance to go on the road. Man, that totally sucked!

Like I always do, I got over it after some complaining. My friends and my own mum told me I should've bribed. Whatever. I just can't and won't bribe. Call me stubborn...it's just that way.

Yeah..so, I got back and slept for a while because I just don't have mood to study for Chemistry then. I even dreamed that I would fail the next time I retake the test. When I woke up as usual, I checked my mail and stuff. I read my daily mail from Pastor Rick Warren: Purpose Driven Connection. I usually just browse through it and forget about it. But today, it made me cry. I thought God has forsaken me when I took the driving test. I just couldn't understand why even after praying, I still failed. Was it not enough? Or is God testing me. Well, he gave me an answer, alright.

"There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever" (2 Corinthians 4:18 MSG).

So much of what we waste our energy on will not matter even a year from now, much less for eternity. Don't trade your life for temporary things. Jesus said, "Anyone who lets himself be distracted from the work I plan for him is not fit for the Kingdom of God" (Luke 9:62 LB). Paul warned, "Deal as sparingly as possible with the things the world thrusts on you. This world as you see it is on its way out" (1 Corinthians 7:31 MSG).

What are you allowing to stand in the way of your mission? Whatever it is, let it go. "Let us strip off anything that slows us down or holds us back..." (Hebrews 12:1 LB).

How can we do this? In one of his most misunderstood statements, Jesus said, "I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings" (Luke 16:9 NIV).

Jesus did not mean for you to "buy" friends with money. What he meant was that you should use the money God gives you to bring people to Christ. They will then be friends for eternity who will welcome you when you get to heaven! It's the best financial investment you'll ever make.

You've probably heard the expression, "You can't take it with you," but the Bible says you can send it on ahead, by investing it in people who are going there! The Bible says, "By doing this they will be storing up real treasure for themselves in heaven—it is the only safe investment for eternity! And they will be living a fruitful Christian life down here as well" (1 Timothy 6:19 LB).

So, I'm gonna keep trying because I know He will be with me no matter what happens. He has a plan for me.

2 comments:

Andr3a said...

Hiya... don be stressed up bout the driving test until u dreamt bout it... hehe... You're so right in ur stand not to bribe. Proud of u! i took 3 times of exam only can pass on the road. It feels sooooo good when i passed. I'm sure God hasn't forsaken us, we don’t understand why things happen the way they do, but we can put our hope in God that He can make all things beautiful. Even what the enemy intends for evil, God can turn for good. Everything in this life can and will let us down, but the beautiful thing about it is this, when everything lets us down in this world it leads us to the one thing that is truly beautiful... the unfailing love of Jesus Christ. So cheer up and take heart for the next driving test:-)

Anonymous said...

you have the determination & you will pass your next text! that will be your last test to take your P license! GOOD LUCK! CONGRATULATIONS
for passing part 3.. the slope, parking & 3 pointer!