Friday, March 11, 2011

Cursed

I'm currently blogging this from my office-YEAH! I got a job as a writer at Afterschool. It's this website that specializes in counseling for after SPM students (I know, what an original name, right?). Anyway, I'm happy 'cause I get to do what I like-writing and get paid for it. Plus, I only need to check into the office once a week. The rest of the days, I work from home. I finished all the assignments I could think of. I'm just waiting for my editor and boss to reply my e-mail now. Since I've got time...I might as well do something 'productive'.

For the past few years, I've been pretty irritable when it comes to correcting English grammar and vocabulary. I've only come to this realization these few days when I suddenly become more acute of wrong grammar in people around me. (Maybe it's because of my new job?) Now I know how hard it is to hold myself down from correcting people's English. I'm not saying mine is perfect. Heck, my spoken English is really bad...people have a hard time trying to understand through all my mumbling. But when I listen to people, I can't help but dissect the words that come out of their mouths and grammatically correct them. I don't say it out loud, oh no. I just mouth the corrected words out or just think them in my mind. It drives me crazy!

I personally know how embarrassing and terrible it feels when people correct me. My dad's been doing it for years and he's proud of it. That's why I don't correct other people. But what if they keep making the same mistakes over and over again!? Someone has got to do the correction, but hopefully not me.

Heh...looking back at my HELP college days, I've seen Trish struggle from correcting people many times. She would literally be in spasms from holding herself back. I didn't get it back then but I know now. I'm not at that level...yet?

No comments: